Procurement Specialist II, Commodities
Ralcorp – Dothan, AL
The Procurement Specialist II, Commodities will support the execution of category sourcing, procurement, and supplier management of commodity raw materials in the snack nut category. Responsibilities will focus on the costing & pricing of raw materials, supporting quality, service, continuous improvement, and value performance across the supply chain in the direct support of Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. and her operating Divisions. The Procurement Specialist II will initially focus upon corn and oat products by supporting the execution of producer-direct origination strategies as well as the physical procurement of externally milled corn and oat products. In addition, the Procurement Specialist II, Commodities will participate in Ralcorp Network Purchasing Initiatives and support Ralcorp Commodity Procurement in the management of peanuts and tree nuts.
Support Ralcorp operating facilities with the facilitation of inbound raw materials and the reconciliation/resolution of raw material supply concerns
Develop, generate & communicate clear market strategies to Management
Execute grain origination strategies through third-party suppliers
Manage inbound logistics on selected raw materials as needed
Manage the vendor database(s) in MRP system(s) and elsewhere
Execute data entry of order acknowledgements
Execute selected market analysis, as required
Generate detailed contract balance reports
Generate detailed market analysis reports
Manage budget and position databases
Maintain key Purchasing Documents
Facilitate key supply relationships
1. Financial Risk Management
Responsible for the Corporate financial exposure of raw materials relative to future cash flows.
1. Execute approved strategies.
2. Create and execute a standard costing process.
3. Create and execute a standard contract reconciliation process.
4. Report financial and physical raw material positions.
5. Support the development of an efficient budgeting, contracting, and raw material cost projection process.
6. Maintain awareness of market conditions; assist in the creation of market projections, and gain approval/buy-in for the execution of various physical and financial contracts to mitigate adverse market price volatility.
7. Support weekly market updates with Management.
Accountable for the execution of physical strategy.
2. Physical Risk Management
Responsible for managing/implementing various sales initiatives as they relate to Procurement.
1. Support R&D sourcing efforts.
2. Represent commodity procurement on product launch and reformulation teams.
Accountable for servicing both direct and indirect production facilities through the centralized procurement of agricultural raw materials.
1. Execute physical supply strategy.
2. Ensure the adherence to service commitments, specification commitments, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
3. Problem solving, mediation, resolution.
3. Project Management
Manage commodity service contracts.
1. Issue tactical and strategic goals/objectives.
2. Lead multidisciplinary teams to accomplish Continuous Improvement initiatives.
3. Facilitate Executive updates to communicate contract results.
Identify strategic relationships and build the business case for long-term contracts.
Identify and execute cost savings projects.
Manage relevant commodity information flow:
1. Supply and demand forecasts
2. CFTC position reporting data
3. Global, national, and regional pricing data
4. USDA sales, export, and pricing data
Manage the flow of information to the RADAR.
Support Cost Savings reporting efforts.
1-5 years experience in operations, logistics, grain origination, raw material sourcing, or procurement required.
Ability to generate and communicate clear market opinions & execute strategy during periods of uncertainty required.
Bachelors Degree required, Supply Chain, Agribusiness, Finance, or related discipline preferred.
Effective interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills required.
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills required.
Strong PC and analytical skills required