Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Procurement Specialist for the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in our Arlington, VA office.
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is a U.S. incorporated international development company providing technical assistance and training to improve health outcomes, governance and economic growth, as well as direct supply chain services. CA-USA is part of the Crown Agents international group, which works for the public and private sectors in more than 100 countries, as well as for international donors and development institutions. Crown Agents has over 1,000 employees in more than 35 countries.
Role & Responsibilities
To provide a professional procurement service to the SCMS project; ensuring that SCMS procurement policies and operating procedures are followed in the purchasing of quality assured commodities to target timescales at a competitive price.
- To purchase health goods and equipment in compliance with aid donor regulations, end user requirements and appropriate procedures and standards of ethical procurement, through the following.
- Clarify specifications with client/technical specialists to fully understand requirement.
- Identify sources to meet specification using international sources.
- Ensure all commodities meet quality standards and pass USG/FDA tests of Quality, Efficacy and Safety Coordinate procurement activities of SCMS in liaison with Crown Agents UK and in-country teams.
- Contribute to the request for waiver process.
- Contribute to Registration database, appraise supplier performance and manage the relationship with suppliers.
- Prepare and issue tender documents.
- Evaluate tenders taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability to comply with terms and conditions.
- Make recommendation and confirm order with the in-country client through Project Management Office.
- Negotiate cost reductions with suppliers where appropriate.
- Prepare contract order.
- Liaise with supplier/Shipping Coordinator as necessary to ensure timely collection from suppliers, shipping, and delivery.
- Check supplier invoices and arrange payment.
- Resolve post contract complaints and issues.
- To maintain an on-going relationship with the client and all stakeholders, keeping them informed, responding to needs and developing solutions.
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of the (FAR) Federal acquisition regulations and former experience with a government contractor desired. Knowledge of procuring laboratory products and/or medical equipment strongly preferred.
- 3 or more years related procurement and/or transactional buying experience.
- Professional procurement qualification desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish or French required.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.comfor more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department at ADArequests@crownagents.com . Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
Apply by July 5, 2012.