Title: Senior Procurement Advisor
Reference ID: 5700
Closing: August 19, 2012
Job Location: Vancouver,Canada
Region: Lower Mainland – South Coast
Job Type: Full Time
Horizon Recruitment (formerly known as WPCG Finance & Professional Recruitment Inc .) is conducting a search for a Senior Procurement Advisor for one of our billion dollar clients on a consulting basis for a key project that is scheduled to begin immediately and go for at least 6 months. Working in the Lower Mainland the Sr. Procurement Advisor will consult with stakeholders from a variety of locations and operations.
The Senior Procurement Advisor will be responsible for the creation of bid documents and managing the competitive bid process. This will include managing contracts, categories of spending, vendor performance and procurement policy frameworks. You will also be responsible for establishing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and managing SLAs. As the ideal candidate you will provide leadership to the procurement team and effectively manage the bid document process including RFPs, Tenders, RFQs, RFIs, and RFEOIs.
• University degree with a Supply Chain Management focus (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
• An SCMP designation (or equivalent combination of designation plus experience)
• 8-10 years progressive experience in procurement related roles
• 5+ years’ experience preparing competitive bid documents (RFP, RFQ, RFI and RFEOI)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communications and negotiations capability
• Experience working in an unionized environment is an asset
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with three complimentary practice areas: Finance, Supply Chain and Engineering.
Please apply here