Sysco St. Louis, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest marketer and distributor of foodservice products in the United States. Sysco St. Louis is a full service distributor capable of supplying every need (i.e. food items, paper/plastic goods, equipment, chemicals, etc.) to restaurants, hotels, hospitals, schools and other eating establishments in Eastern Missouri and Southwestern Illinois.
Fundamental Purpose of the Job
Purchases, controls and coordinates a continuous inventory to meet the Company’s needs and goals. Develops expertise in marketing, merchandising, and promoting assigned product lines. Is a reliable source of information to the Sales Department. Negotiates special pricing, payment terms, discounts and purchase allowances from our suppliers.
1. Place orders with assigned suppliers
2. Review Daily Out-of-Stock report daily
3. Review Critical Item List, Expiration Warning Report and Demand Exception Report daily
4. Follow-up on daily warehouse outs
5. Work cost controllers and cost monitors daily
6. Review and place special orders
7. Set-up and create SUPC’s and SUVC’s for new items or when product changes occur
8. Process drop ship billings
9. Maintain Vendor Price List in the AS400 for assigned lines
10. Process New Item Stock Requests
11. Coordinate fill in orders when necessary to maintain service level goals
12. Communicate with Logistics to ensure proper freight rates are applied correctly to vendors and maximize efficiencies
13. Maintain accurate information on vendor information in the AS400
14. Review items to ensure proper tie high and buying multiples are correct
15. Communicate any vendor shorts to the appropriate Merchandising Specialist
16. Confirm that purchase orders are in compliance with Corporate guidelines for accuracy and process all PO revisions
17. Communicate with warehouse personnel to develop programs to maximize efficiency of receiving and warehousing
18. Contribute to a healthy, positive and safe work environment
19. Any other related relevant duty as required
20. Adhere to all policies and procedures, including SYSCO Code of Conduct
21. Interact with suppliers and brokers in a professional manner to ensure continued success and growth of SYSCO Food Services of St. Louis
22. Daily attendance and punctuality is required
23. Review Below AP report and AP Less Thank Sales Cost report daily
24. Maintain accurate information on item tax codes where applicable
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2+ years in food Service Merchandising, food service sales or service customer service in the food service industry preferred
PREFERRED (but not required) EDUCATION:
2 Year Associates or 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Strong telephone and wrtten communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Some knowledge of salesmanship techniques; marketing principles and product lines sold by SYSCO a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, managers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The work environment is moderately to loud.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Each Sysco St Louis associate is responsible to meet the following job responsibilities:
Completing other duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor or as needed to complete the work of the department.
Following safe procedures and working in a safe manner.
Working positively with co-workers and supervisors.
Working ethically at all times.
Actively looking for opportunities to improve services and sharing those ideas with others.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Hotline (636-940-3605)
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA
Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment:
Sysco-St Louis, Inc. is committed to the principles of providing equal opportunity and has developed an Affirmative Action Plan to aid in the realization of our goals. Please know of our interest in employing minorities and women, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.
We reaffirm our commitment that job applicants will be treated fairly without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation and national origin.