This position is located in our Petaluma, CA office.
This position is responsible for the development of the Hain US procurement group and leading the procurement organization managing $175MM in spend.
Lead strategic purchasing initiatives and create long term cost containment strategies with key suppliers. Lead the initiative to develop and implement purchasing policies, practices and procedures for material purchases focusing on industry best practices. Continually assesses market conditions which may affect procurements. Provide subject matter expertise in sourcing, vendor relationship management and contract negotiation, including the identification of new sources and programs for material purchases all while providing strategic benefit in cost, quality, responsiveness and continuity.
Location: California (Petaluma)
Essential Job Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create and direct purchasing strategies for the material spend; concentration on the identification of global suppliers for strategic alliances and understanding of the key cost drivers.
2. Develop and maintain accurate accounting of the purchasing spend for each category, division, brand on raw material and packaging spends.
3. Develop, plan and execute forward looking strategies to forecast and manage purchase price variance and capital variances on a quarterly basis
4. Continue to expand the tracking of commodities providing comparisons and forward estimates to Senior Management for presentation to outside stakeholders
5. Provide cross functional leadership on new product initiatives working with key suppliers to bring forth leading edge ideas. Work with key internal personnel in Marketing, Finance, R&D, Supply Chain and Operations to deliver projects on time and on budget; concentrate on collaboration and relationship building
6. Working with the Operational planning team manage purchasing spends to achieve corporate inventory, discard and service goals
7. Working with the manufacturing team initiate and lead productivity projects to completion
8. Ensure all procurement personnel have active growth plans and are being coached to strengthen developmental areas of opportunity; concentrate on coaching leading and developing
9. Leverage and negotiate pricing on combined volumes of purchasing prioritizing savings opportunities and taking a unified approach across all purchasing entities/sites to get the lowest possible total cost.
10. Develop a supplier rating program working to identify suppliers that can be replaced. create an improvement plan and work to drive YOY improvements
1. 10+ years of purchasing experience; 7 at a managerial level. CPG preferred
2. Bachelor degree required; MS/MBA, CPM certification preferred
3. History of significant cost savings
4. Recognized as a strong strategic leader with day to day problem solving abilities
5. Self-driven with a can do adaptive leadership style
Drug Free Workplace
Applying for this position please mention that you learned about this opportunity from Procurement.tv
Please click here to apply