|Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school and experience equivalent to four years of increasingly responsible procurement related work; additional course work from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis; additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.|
|Necessary Special Qualifications: None.Examination Method: Education and experience, 100%.|
|Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for procurement work of average difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the entry class in the Procurement Officer sub-series. An employee in this class is responsible for purchasing, issuing, and storing materials, supplies, and equipment at an institution or assists in the procurement duties for a department or major section. This class differs from that of Procurement Officer 2 in that an incumbent of the latter is responsible for work of greater scope and complexity.
|Examples of Duties and Responsibilities 1. Purchases, issues, and stores materials, supplies, and equipment by preparing requisitions and purchase orders.
2. Prepares service contracts and screens purchase orders for accuracy and proper justification.
3. Receives supplies and follows up on late shipments.
4. Tags property and maintains an accurate inventory of supplies received and stored as assigned but not as a major duty.
5. Contacts vendors for price information, to give bidding procedures and serves as liaison.
6. Maintains the budget for accounting purposes and purchase records for inventory control.
7. Researches catalogs and trade magazines for product specifications and price information.
8. Directs the work of clerical and other staff as assigned.
Please click here to apply. Do not forget to mention that you learned about this opportunity from Procurement.tv
PROCUREMENT OFFICER, State of Tennessee – Tennessee