|Type||Management and Supervision|
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Apply by||Jul 06, 2012|
This position performs complex, large procurements of commodities and/or services for the Procurement Services Unit. Duties include:
* Develops formal sealed complex Invitation for Bids (IFB), Requests for Proposals (RFP), and Requests for Quotations (RFQ) in accordance with the Arizona State Procurement code to meet the specific needs of the Department.
* Analyzes bids that are submitted; obtains Program Area concurrence and finalizes resultant contract.
* Manages contracts once established to ensure compliance with the Arizona Department of Corrections policies and procedures and contractual requirements.
* Prepares, develops and writes correspondence related to assigned work responsibilities.
* Monitors purchase usage of term contracts and potential improvement/expansion of future contracts.
* Reviews incoming Requests for Purchase (RFP)/Requisitions for format, adherence to specifications, contract procedures and legality.
* Plans and participates in commodity survey, pre-bid conference and bid openings related to assigned work responsibilities.
* Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
KNOWLEDGE: Of purchasing practices and procedures; accounting, mathematics; standard commodities and products, sources of supply, local and national markets and price trend; training and presentation; principles and practices of administration and fiscal management.
SKILL: In preparing and analyzing complex, technical specifications and bids; researching and compiling information; recording, computing and summarizing numerical data; interpreting Federal and state laws relating to contract and agreements; and computer and computer programs including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; oral and written communications; time management; and interpersonal relationships.
ABILITY: To learn and apply State Procurement Code, Arizona Department of Corrections policies and procedures relating to purchasing; resolve problems, prioritize assignments; and deal with complex tasks simultaneously.
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR: A valid Arizona Driver License is required at time of appointment.
SELECTIVE PREFERRENCE: Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience working with a governmental entity (City, County, State or Federal) procurement laws, rules and regulations; and experience working in a procurement environment preparing quotes, IFBs; or two years experience equivalent to a Procurement Technician.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENT(S): Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
RETIREMENT: Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
BENEFITS: *Comprehensive benefits package includes 12 days sick leave, 12 days vacation, and 10 holidays per year; health and dental insurance; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance.
*Elective benefits for new employees will be subject to a 90 day waiting period.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602) 771-2100. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
PROCUREMENT SERVICES UNIT
1645 W. JEFFERSON