Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Source materials for assigned commodities, manage the supply base, and develop all contractual terms on selected production materials.
- Conduct low to medium dollar price negotiations.
- Have and share as necessary, a basic understanding of the assigned commodities.
- Use a basic understanding of purchasing law including terms, contracts, regulations, etc. to manage suppliers and commodities.
- Demonstrate an awareness of core business processes including manufacturing processes, financial analysis, organization structures, quality systems.
- Accurately assess price proposals.
- Create and maintain supplier/commodity information, including material market indices that have been identified as key ‘cost-drivers’.
- Actively ‘mine’ for and implement COS projects within the material group assignments.
- Interpersonal, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Understand strategic plans, their impact on assigned commodities and assist the Global Sourcing Managers in developing such plans.
- Understand basic elements of customer/supplier relationships including cost reduction, supplier performance, and source selection for assigned commodities.
- Understand product cost drivers related to purchased material prices, inflation/deflation impacts and trend analysis.
Bachelors degree in related field required. Related experience preferred but not required.
Please click here to apply. Bookmark us for more procurement jobs daily.